Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A few of my favorite things...

Its been pretty slow around here lately. We had a potentially exciting weekend ahead of us last Friday. We even finally walked the six blocks to Lemon Hill's bar to get a drink (which, btw, wasn't that great...). However, after that drink, I got hella sick. Saturday we went to do a house tour of a designer, Denise Sabia, who redecorated from only trash and flea market finds. Check out the first half of the tour here . I sniffled and sneezed through the entire thing. The second we got home and put some food in my belly, I was out cold.

We traveled up to Jersey that night for what was supposed to be a "siblings" weekend at Bill's sister's house. I laid around covered in tissues the entire time. Totally lame. So in total, my weekend pretty much looked like this...


Pillow and tissue piles wherever I went...


So sitting around in my own used tissue pile gave me plenty of time to look at fun things on the computer, debuting a new reoccurring post I'll call "A few of my favorite things...". No, they won't be kittens and snowflakes on eyelashes (although, they might be...), but I feel its ok for me to slip in my most recent fascinations in life, design, fashion and food.

So for our first round, here's what I've been obsessed with recently


1. The Watson Twins and Neko Case 


For the last week and a half, when I head to the coffee shop or plop down in our office to get some work done, I log into Grooveshark (an online music player for those who don't know) and instantly type in "The Watson Twins" or "Neko Case" and just play all of their songs for hours and hours. I've been a Case fan for as long as I can remember, but her sound never, ever, gets old. As for the Watson Twins, I found them through my other red-headed love, Jenny Lewis, but I've been digging their sound more than Lewis's lately.

2. Playing Photographer 

I've been trying to get better at taking pictures so I don't have to drag Bill out to every photo shoot I want or need to do. So I've been enjoying taking pictures around the house of mundane things and trying to make them more interesting. My favorite shot so far? This one...

Who doesn't want a bob-haired, glamorous Natalie Wood in the back of their photos?!


3. These shoes... 

From here. Mmmm...... 

4. Working out! 

I can't believe it, but I've been loving a daily 30-minute Pilates session. I've been feeling great, looking better and surprisingly, am in love with Pilates again! 

5. Above the bed

Since we moved in I've wanted to complete the fake headboard above our bed. I love the stripes, but I feel like the bed needs to be more grounded with some piece of artwork. The original concept was to put a large, blank canvas over the bed like this... 


But its hard to experiment with that. So I've also brought in the options of a square, Ikea Ribba frame...



But those seem extra bulky (and kinda scary) to put above our heads

My final option, that I think I'm leaning towards, is a "see-through" frame that I want to spray paint gold and fill with bright green leaves. Like this... 

Framed Leaf Art

But not like this at all. :-) 

The frame I picked out is the long one on the bottom, but I'd spray paint it gold and put in bright green ginkgo leaves! 

What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment