Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Weekend Update

I realize the weekend was a few days ago but my weekend technically extended through Monday and Tuesday was the first day at my new job (woohoo!), so I have an excuse.

This weekend, Monday included, I went to visit my best friend, Leah, who lives down in Tennessee, right outside of Nashville. She is getting married in October (another woohoo!) and I'm a bridesmaid so we knew we needed to get together before the big day to do some wedding-day planning and catch up.

So that's exactly what we did! I flew in Saturday morning, she picked me up and we went directly to the mall to shop for bridesmaid's dresses. We didn't find any, but I did fit my best friend into a new bra and her correct size, showing that my year in crappy retail was good for something!

While driving from the mall, I came across this...


Which is not quite right, but close enough to warrant a picture! 

We then spent the rest of the weekend eating and shopping, shopping and eating, and then some more eating and some more shopping. Luckily, I didn't spend more than $4 on non-wedding related purchases. And after shopping at all the stores in two malls, we actually found something that would work from David's Bridal. Go figure. As all of her bridesmaids are scattered around the country (California, Pennsylvania, Georgia and Illinois!), we knew we would have to come up with something that everyone could purchase. David's Bridal ended up being the best choice. Picking from the Vera Wang "White" Collection, we will all be in the same Charcoal color but we can each pick our own dress.

Here's mine...

                                           

Minus the sash and bow, its totally reusable for other functions.

And did I tell you how much we ate?! We had a sushi feast first, then we gobbled down some delicious steaks and fish at a little restaurant called the Red Pony in downtown Franklin, we ate breakfast at her future reception hall, and then finished up with a ridiculous amount of Indian food. Mmmm....


(sorry for the shitty quality) 

----


Saturday night, we saw a show at Leah's workplace- The Franklin Theater. Its a renovated theater from the 30's that is absolutely gorgeous now. Its pretty low-key but the renovation was impeccable. 

Photo courtesy of Music City Blog 


We saw a bluegrass band (how perfect for my time in TN!) that was AMAZING. It was a five-member string band called The Travelin' McCourys (although they might usually be only four). They were soooo talented. Each member played a different stringed instrument - a mandolin, a fiddle, a guitar, a bass cello, and a banjo. And surprisingly they all sang..... well. Really well. When each one of them came up to the mic it was a surprise at how incredible they all were. 

Photo courtesy of BluegrassMusic.com 


____


On the home front, Bill was getting shit done, like he likes to do. He cleaned the house, worked on the AVP website, learned how to play a few songs, cleaned his car's throttle bodies and even learned to gap and change his own spark plugs! 





He also cleaned up the outside patio and planted me new flowers, which were a joy to come home to and a pleasant surprise! What a wonderful man I have. 




And that was it! That was my fun weekend and wonderful homecoming. 

Did you do anything fun this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment